September is National Preparedness Month and there is no better time to talk to your family, your coworkers, and your community about what protective measures to take before, during, and after an emergency.
MEMIC has prepared itself with a Business Continuity Plan to ensure the safety of our employees and get operations running as quickly as possible in order to continue service to claimants, policyholders, agents, and health care providers.
Materials to help create your own Business Continuity Plan can be found on the Ready.gov website which includes templates to prepare a Risk Assessment, Business Impact Analysis Worksheet, Business Continuity Resource Requirement Worksheet, Business Continuity Plan Worksheet, Emergency Response Resource Requirements Worksheet, and Emergency Response Plan.
You can also find additional information in some of our previous Safety Net posts and MEMIC policyholders can watch the Is Your Business Ready? webinar on our Safety Director.
These disaster preparedness links for families, workplaces, and communities can help you start making plans today:
- Ready.gov - Disaster preparedness information for people and businesses from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- American Red Cross Disaster Services - Tips on how you can prepare yourself, your family and your home.
- Know Your Plan Mobile App - Free from the Insurance Information Institute: offers checklists, communication tools and safety tips for hurricanes, wildfires, severe winter weather, earthquakes and more.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) - “Are You Ready: A Guide for Citizen Preparedness.”
- And your own state's Offices and Agencies of Emergency Management.